5 Minute Face: A Beauty Routine For Busy Moms

September 20, 2017 14 Comments

5 Minute Face: A Beauty Routine For Busy Moms

September 20, 2017 14 Comments

This post contains affiliate links
Before I had kids, I worked as a Master Esthetician. I spent my days doing facials, chemical peels, waxes, and makeup. It was such a fun world to be a part of, and making people look and feel beautiful every day was so rewarding. But the schedule was hard, it was long days and weird hours. Once my son was born, I decided to walk away from that world full time.

264617_10150202663556750_361382_n
photo credit: Pointe Digital Photography

But, that doesn’t mean I stopped loving skin care and makeup though. I am still a huge beauty junkie, Sephora VIB even (all that really means is I spend waaaay too much money there) and I try to keep up with the trends. A couple weeks ago on my Instagram, I mentioned this, and a couple people asked if I would share more beauty related tips and tricks, so I hope you all like this.
I don’t know how it goes at your house, but my kids give me about 5 minutes to get ready in the mornings. Any longer and somebody is hungry, thirsty, needs their bum wiped or my house is being destroyed. Sometimes if I put on a movie they like, I can get a little bit longer, but not much. So I have found the staple products I love and I have perfected a 5 minute routine.
Stockholm (1)

Moisturizer….it is SO important to keep your skin hydrated. My moisturizer also has an SPF in it, to keep my skin protected. This is my favorite moisturizer, but everyone’s skin is so different. If you haven’t found one you like, talk with a skin care professional to find one that best meets your needs.

Foundation….I like something lightweight, but with good coverage. I like a buildable coverage, so that when I do get the extra time, I don’t have to use a seperate foundation for a more full face. Right now, I am loving these foundations that are concentrated and come with a dropper. I can mix it with my moisturizer for a really light and dewey look, quickly apply with fingers, or build with a brush for a more full coverage.

Blush…..I am very fair, and if I don’t have some kind of color on my cheeks, I look like a ghost. I have tried tons of blushes but have fallen in love with cream blush over the last year. It is so easy to just swipe on and go. Pro tip…if you have a favorite lipstick, you can always use that as a cream blush as well!

Liner….I think liner gives a really finished look and kind of “wakes up” my eyes. I use a combo of pencil and powder, just depends on the day. Liner is a place you can get a quick pop of color, in a quick routine too. I love this liner from Urban Decay, its super creamy and glides on smooth. If I want a softer look, I will either smudge out the pencil or use an eyeshadow.

Mascara….If I put no other makeup on, I always where mascara. I don’t know why, but I just don’t feel like “me” with out it. My favorite mascara, hands down, is Maybelline Great Lash. I have tried SO MANY mascaras, and none live up to this original. As a MUA, it was one product that I always had in my kit. It goes on smooth, it is layer-able, without clumping, and is long lasting. I don’t use the waterproof version, because I’m lazy haha but it is just as great

Lips…..So up until just a couple months ago, my every day lip was just some tinted lip balm. I wanted to wear lipstick, but it just wasn’t practical. I wasn’t carrying it around to reapply all day, and it was always rubbing off on my kiddos faces or clothes. Then I was introduced to Lipsense, and now I wear color everyday, only applying once! If you haven’t tried it yet, find yourself a distributor and get your hands on some! I get mine from my sister, you can join her group if you want to learn more!
And last, but definitely not least is a Setting Spray. You can think of this like hairspray for your makeup. It sets everything and helps it stay on all day long, even through chasing kids, getting poked in the eye, and having lunch thrown at you (no, just me??). Its also great to use as a refresher throughout the day. I like to keep a bottle in my diaper bag, so i can give myself a quick spritz when needed.

**Bonus** If my kids are being extra quiet or don’t need me, I will do a quick neutral eye shadow and maybe even some bronzer
Jacqueline T's Beauty Blog (2)
And there you have it, a quick routine that gives you a put together and “awake” look, that you can put on before your kids even notice you’re in the bathroom…..well, maybe.
Whats your beauty routine look like? Do you wear makeup? A little, A lot, or somewhere in between? What are the must haves in your makeup bag?

• lifeisbeautifulx September 22, 2017 at 8:10 am

Really useful, like the fact that it’s a 5 minute process too for us busy mums! x

• Aly Tyghter September 22, 2017 at 8:42 am

I don’t usually wear make up at all but if I do, Maybelline Great Lash is my favourite mascara of all time! I love that it extends my lashes naturally without clumping them or giving them that over mascara’d look.

• arynnhinton September 23, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Yes, it is such a great mascara!

• Michigan Farm Girl September 22, 2017 at 11:10 am

The setting spray! I had NO idea!
    I love this quick list, it’s perfect because I’m always the last to get ready and it’s a time crunch.

• arynnhinton September 23, 2017 at 2:21 pm

It is such an awesome product, I love having it in my bag

• April Kitchens September 22, 2017 at 5:54 pm

I’m lazy when it comes to makeup, just a little powder and lipgloss. I would like to find a good mascara though.

• arynnhinton September 23, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Thats all I manage to do some days too!

• thebusyboymama September 22, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Nice post! I’m the worst at putting makeup on!

• Kristin KH September 22, 2017 at 9:46 pm

I could really use some help in this area! I don’t wear much and I’m a little clueless when it comes to makeup, but I’m trying to make an effort lately. This looks like a great list of suggestions! Thanks!

• Andrea September 22, 2017 at 11:15 pm

What an amazing routine!! Love finding new products.

• aya September 23, 2017 at 5:58 am

Nice! As for me, I don’t wear make-up (even before the kids). I do bring lip balm in case my lips get dry. 🙂

• Jenni Petrey September 23, 2017 at 8:34 am

Your beauty routine is much better than mine – moisturizer and foundation is as much as I am able to put on each morning!

• arynnhinton September 23, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Some days thats all I get too!

• Kimberly Oxford September 23, 2017 at 6:37 pm

I need to try that foundation! I love Sephora’s brand items!