Mascara is one of those beauty products that is a must have for me. I have always said if you made me pick 2 beauty products (and only 2) for the rest of my life, I would probably choose mascara and lip gloss. Something about a dark, full lash makes me feel put together. And we all know, when you feel good, you look good! I’m sharing my 5 Best Drugstore Mascaras, and why I love them.
The Best Drugstore Mascaras
1. Maybelline Great Lash – This is an OG favorite for me. I have been using this mascara since my early days of makeup. I must have been just 13 or 14 when I first picked up that pink and green tube. As a makeup artist, I always have this mascara in my kit. Not only is it affordable, but it performs consistently. It is hypoallergenic and safe for contact wearers, a reason I love it for myself and when I am working with clients. If you want to take it up a notch, grab the curved version.
2. Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara – Hello! If you like full and fluffy lashes, this is the mascara for you. Cruelty free and ophthalmologist tested, this mascara has something to offer for everyone. The unique brush shape helps to coat every single lash, for some serious volume. And under $5 – why haven’t you tried this yet??
3. NYX Worth The Hype – If you prefer a more dry formula (especially good for shorter lashes) you have to pick this drugstore mascara up. The tapered spoolie helps you really get in there and accentuate every hair – even those fine inner corners. And because the formula is more dry, it does weigh the lash down at all. You can easily build up the length and volume, without clumping or separation.
4. Loreal Voluminous Original – If you have followed the beauty world for a while, you may recognize this as another OG drugstore mascara. Loreal released this mascara all the way back in 1991, and it has suck around for good reason. The creamy formula builds volume and conditions lashes with ceramides. It comes in 7 different shades, the black and deep burgundy are my personal favorites.
5. Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect $4.99 – You know a mascara has two be really good to show up on my list twice. Essence products blow my mind just about every day, for drugstore makeup, the quality is incredible and you really cannot beat their prices. The False Lash Effect sculpts lashes in a way that is pretty hard to duplicate, and gives you the look of a falsie without the hassle. The brush is dense and tapered, making it nearly impossible to miss a single lash. It comes in both regular and water proof versions, and is absolutely worth a try.
Shop My Favorite Mascaras
You absolutely do not have to sacrifice quality for budget, when it comes to the best drugstore mascaras. And know that I’ve barely scratched the surface here, there are so many opportunities for affordable and accessible beauty, these are my favorite mascaras. Did your favorite make my list?